Thursday, March 6, 2014

Crayons + Toys






It feels virtually impossible to be creative these days. Three children and the mess and chaos that are part and parcel of that seems to consume most of my energies, creative or otherwise.

A friend of mine was doing a sketch project, 40 sketches in 40 days and she generously asked a whole heap of her facebook friends to join in for the last 10 days. So of course, I did. And it was wonderful. Maybe 'quick and dirty' sketches of my kids' toys using their crayons (and encouraging their added scribbles) will be all the drawing I'll be doing for the next few years but this is definitely a project I'll have to continue.

3 comments:

  1. I love this-- what a great idea to sketch the toys...it would make fantastic illustrations for a memory book of childhood.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a great idea. I love Heidi thoughts too on sketching their toys... Awesome :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, you are constantly surprising me and delighting me with your multitude of hidden talents. Those drawings are simply gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete